For as long as I can remember I have had dry, acne prone skin. I was the teenager that had huge awful acne breakouts that would last months at a time. I despised my skin from the age of 13-19. At that time, I was not using any products on my skin. I only washed my face with warm water not even soap at the time. I’ve learned so much about my skin during the years but the most important thing I’ve learned is my face loathes excess moisture. I know right how can you have dry skin that does not like moisture?! After years of trial and error I have finally found some amazing products that work well for me. These are the top 5 products that I reach for everyday for my dry, sensitive skin.
- Neutrogena Face Wash- This is a must have face wash for sensitive skin I purchase mines from Walmart for $8.96 I use twice a day and have not had any issues with break outs. It does not leave your skin feeling dried out or feeling dull. It’s amazing I totally recommend!
- Ponds Facial Cream- I’m so grateful I gave this gem a try. After years of using expensive face creams or moisturizers to no avail. I decided to go drug store. This facial cream is very rich and hydrating without being overly oily. It easily absorbs into the skin and locks in moisture. After using this my face is more radiant and soft! Another amazing product that I RECOMMEND!
- Tatcha “The Deep Cleanse” Facial Cleanser- This product is on the higher end of skin care products. I purchased this for the first time at Sephora it came in a trial set with the Moisturizer as well for $25. I have been using the facial wash ever since! It is amazing you can purchase it separately for $38 from Sephora. It is a gel cleanser with natural fruit exfoliants that gently unclogs pores while leaving the skin hydrated. As stated previously it is a higher product so it requires more cash. You will get your bang for your bucks though.
- St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Facial Scrub- This product can be found at any drug store or your local Target or Walmart I purchased from Walmart for $3.63. I use it twice a week, this is a harsh exfoliant which is why I recommend it only for a two time use during the week. When you use this product, you must gently rub it in circular motions and avoid sensitive areas on your face. I love using this product to cleans my pores from the oil, and makeup that tends to seep through during the week. While it does a great job at cleansing the skin it is one of the exfoliants that leave your face uber dry. So, you will need to add that moisture back in after using this product.
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask- This product can be purchased at Sephora for $17.00 I use it once a week mostly toward the end of the week so Saturday night. It draws out deep-dwelling pore cloggers. It does an amazing job at absorbing toxins from the skin and leaving my face feeling smooth and refresh for the next week.
These are my absolute must have products in my skin care routine. Understanding your skin type and how to properly care for it is a must. Finding quality products that work for you can be challenging. When you find products that work. Use them. Do not get caught up in the YouTube made me buy it trend. Where you buy these expensive products that others are paid to advertise to consumers for use that may or may not work for you. Also don’t be afraid to try out some drug store skin care products, you may be just as surprised as I was. They may be the new addition you’re looking to add to your skin care regimen.